Monday, October 12, 2009

I know. You've missed me. I'm sitting here, chewing on fruit gummies that grandma Metzger sent me in a lovely care package, and drinking a diet Dr. Pepper that I stole from my garage on my way out of town. However, contrary to your current thought, my life does not consist of me sitting here drinking soda and eating candy. I have been quite busy with my rigorous tv show schedule, and my regular facebook check-ups... But really, school work has been intense, exams are coming more frequently, and class is getting harder to wake up for.

This past weekend I went home for homecoming weekend. It was a lovely time. I got to sleep in my own bed. Always the best part. I arrived home around 5:30pm, expecting a welcome home from the other 5 members of my family. perhaps, a poster board and confetti, at least a little bit of excitement mustered up from someone. My mom had told me there was my favorite chicken pot pie in the oven, but when I got home there certainly was a pot pie in the oven, but only my mother there to welcome me. It was a nice welcoming, but I feel warranted to complain a bit :) But really, being home was great, and it was a much needed get away. Friday night I went to the football game, it was dreary. Sure it was great to see everyone again, but the stinging cold rain made it somewhat bittersweet. After that I went to see Zombieland, but I slept through the whole movie. Not one bit do I recall. Saturday night was spent with Kevin reminiscing in our glory days. We watched the talent show, the MC parts only of course, and talked about how great we were.

The drive home from Grand Valley consisted of GLEE and party in the USA. Krista, Stephanie and I had a mini car concert. Then I dropped off Stephanie at state, and picked up Colin. Though he was afraid to admit it, he enjoyed himself some Miley Cyrus.

Last weekend, Dad, Blake and Rene came to visit me for family weekend. We all drove up on saturday morning, in very rainy weather. We went to applebees and watched the Michigan/Michigan State game. After Applebees, we went back to my living center and played a heated game of Euchre, where me and blake were proven superior. We then went to the taste of Michigan event, where different restaurants and stores came together in one place and let us try samplings of their food. Can't argue with free food! We made our way to the football game, where the rain held off until half-time, which is when we left because it was freezing, and GV was winning by a lot. Dad and Rene tried their luck at Euchre again against Blake and I, but coming from behind, with 2 points to 9, and a perfect loner hand on my end, we dominated, again. On sunday, we went down town Grand Rapids, and looked at all the art prize exhibits. We also had a delicious brunch. I had the breakfast quesadilla, like I always do at breakfast club, so I thought there was a fairly good chance it would be delicious. I was right. Served along side this breakfast quesadilla, was a tall glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.










Today, I got two packages! I was thrilled! But while opening these packages, I had put a bottle of water between my legs, unbeknownst to me, I forgot the cap, When I put a little bit of pressure on the bottle, it over flowed and spilled all over me, making it look like I peed my pants. I then went on to spill the whole bottle of water all over the floor.

Last week, we started Marshmallow wars. Everybody that plays puts their name in a bowl, and then you draw a name. That name you get is your target. The goal is to hit your target with your mallow, and then get their target, go after them, and so on. So far, neither Krista or I are out, and I have hit 5 people so far. People are not really into it anymore, but with my competitive spirit, I refuse to lose due to apathy.

Tonight, a bunch of us girls are making a cake for our buddy Lantson's birthday.



Face mask

Nick and Will Rub out our knots



A truck was carrying big boy!


Can you tell which side of the room is mine?


Our room was tp'ed




No comments:

Post a Comment